Job Title: Research Analyst for Inst. Effectiveness and Assessment - University of Massachusetts-Boston, Boston, MA
Deadline Date: September 25, 2012
Starting Date: August 22, 2012
Visit the Web site for more information.
The Research Analyst for Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment for the Office of Institutional Research and Policy Studies will conduct research focused on learning assessment, institutional effectiveness and policy evaluation for the improvement of outcomes. The Research Analyst will also: work with campus constituencies in the identification of processes, practices and policies requiring evaluation/assessment, including incorporation of assessment practices within the AQUAD process; collaborate with campus constituents (faculty and staff) in the design of appropriate research strategies using a variety of techniques; with the Associate Director, will lead in the implementation of the research and collection of results; develop reports and feedback mechanisms that assist departments, programs, policy developers in creating action plans focused on improvement; lead within OIRP in the planning and implementation of assessment activities that are consistent with best practices in the field and will satisfy expectations for regional accreditation as well as specialized accreditation; assist the Provost’s Office and Deans with data required for regional and specialized accreditations; be responsible for the coordination of the annual University Performance Measurement system indicator report, reports to the President’s Office and, with OIRP colleagues, and the preparation of regular report output; and other duties as assigned by OIRP Director.
Master’s required, doctorate preferred, in educational or social/behavioral science/policy research discipline from regionally accredited institution. Minimum of three years experience with designing and conducting educational research studies, including demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, and report quantitative and qualitative data required. Prior experience in higher education setting preferred. Experience may be in research, administration or teaching.
• Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office Suite and statistical analysis packages, including SAS and/or SPSS;
• Ability to develop learning outcomes and identify appropriate outcome measures;
• Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment with colleagues from throughout the university;
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities;
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion;
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex issues to facilitate decision making and action steps for improvement activities;
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure with multiple projects;
• Excellent and effective written and oral communication skills;
• Excellent organizational skills.
Professional. Union. Benefited. HIRING RANGE = $40,000 - $45,000.
Please apply via the Web site with your resume, cover letter, and list of three professional references.